The 2023 Samsung AI Forum, organized by the Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT), is set to underline the future of research. It will gather globally recognized AI researchers and industry experts.
Registrations will open on October 12 via the Samsung AI Forum website, allowing attendees to submit questions in advance to the presenters. This marks the seventh edition of the Samsung AI Forum and will be conducted in person, with a focus on “large-scale AI for a brighter future.”
What’s the Update?
Samsung has officially announced the Samsung AI Forum 2023, scheduled for November 7 at the Suwon Convention Center in Gyeonggi-do, Korea.
This forum provides a platform to present the latest research accomplishments in the fields of artificial intelligence (AI) and computer engineering (CE), which will significantly contribute to advancing the company’s next-generation semiconductor technologies.
The Samsung AI Forum will also place significant emphasis on outlining the direction of future research, featuring prominent AI scholars and industry experts.
The Samsung AI Forum 2023 will focus on two key themes:
- Large Language Models and AI Transformation for Industry
- Large-scale Computing for Large Language Models and Simulation
These topics will delve into Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Computer Engineering (CE), particularly in the context of large-scale computing for extensive language models and simulations.
During the event, Samsung will hold a ceremony to announce the winners of the Samsung AI Researcher Award and the Samsung AI/CE Challenge. These awards aim to recognize outstanding domestic researchers, university students, and graduates.
Additionally, the forum seeks to invigorate the AI and CE research ecosystem by showcasing influential research papers through posters and hosting networking events for participants.
List of Events for the AI Forum 2023
- The schedule for AI Forum 2023 includes the following events:
- The forum will commence with an opening speech by Kye Hyun Kyung, President and CEO of Samsung Electronics Device Solutions Division.
- Subsequently, Yoshua Bengio, a professor at the University of Montreal, and Jim Keller, the CEO of AI semiconductor startup Tenstorrent, will present the forum’s highlights.
- Professor Satoshi Matsuoka of the Riken Institute of Computer Science in Japan and Larry Zitnick, a research scientist from the Meta AI Research Lab, will deliver informative talks.
- Leaders in AI and CE research from the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) and prominent academics from around the world will engage in discussions about the current status and future trajectory of their research.
Gyoyoung Jin, President of SAIT and Co-Chair of the Samsung AI Forum, expressed, “We believe that AI- and CE-enhanced next-generation semiconductor technology will play a pivotal role in improving the quality of life. SAIT has been closely collaborating with academics and experts to identify Samsung’s new long-term growth drivers. We anticipate that the Samsung AI Forum will accelerate the expansion of the AI and CE research ecosystem worldwide.”
What to do next?
For more updates and information, don’t forget to follow Hazehunt.