Are you excited to find the best TV for an amazing viewing experience in 2023?
TV technology can be confusing, with terms like OLED and QLED, different brands like Samsung, LG, and TCL, and a wide range of prices and sizes. Finding the perfect TV for your needs can feel like a daunting task. But worry not, because this list is here to help.
At Hazehunt, we review TVs in very detail and use special equipment to take measurements and compare things like gaming, home theater, and bright-room picture quality.
So, if you’re looking for a TV that’s perfect for you, you’ve come to the right place. Let me guide you through the world of TV technology and help you find the TV that meets all your needs.
1. TCL 6-Series Roku TV
Price: $950 at Best Buy
For the past five years, the TCL 6-Series has consistently stood out as our top pick for the best-value TV. The newest version, known as the R655 series, continues this trend.
It offers outstanding picture quality, thanks to mini-LED technology and well-implemented full-array local dimming. This combination allows it to outperform many other TVs in its price range.
The R655 series also brings improvements over its predecessor, the R635 series. It includes enhanced gaming features and a new center-mount stand that can be raised to accommodate a soundbar.
However, it’s worth noting that the larger 85-inch size comes with standard legs instead. Additionally, the TV is powered by the popular Roku TV operating system, which we consider to be the best in its class.
- Incredible contrast ratio delivers deep black levels in dark room environments.
- A wide variety of streaming apps are available for a comprehensive entertainment experience.
- Excellent reflection handling minimizes distractions from external light sources.
- Impressive peak brightness enhances vibrant colors and details.
- Image quality deteriorates noticeably when viewed from off-center angles.
2. 65-inch Samsung S95B
Price: $1,798 at Amazon
First and foremost, the S95B is a QD-OLED TV, which means it combines a traditional OLED panel with Samsung’s powerful “quantum-dot” QLED backlighting. This combination results in a perfect balance of brightness, color, and contrast, even in well-lit rooms.
The S95B boasts four HDMI 2.1 inputs, eARC capabilities, VRR supports up to 4K/120Hz, and the ability to decode various HDR formats like HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG. It’s worth noting that, being a Samsung TV, it doesn’t support Dolby Vision, but it does support Dolby Atmos sound.
Running on Samsung’s Tizen operating system, the TV offers support for a wide range of streaming apps, including Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and more.
You can even choose your preferred voice assistant from Google Assistant, Alexa, or Bixby. Gamers will appreciate the S95B’s compatibility with the Samsung Gaming Hub.
One standout feature of the Samsung S95B is its exceptional brightness, reaching nearly 1,200 nits, making it an ideal choice for rooms with ample windows and bright lighting. This is where Samsung’s QD-OLED technology sets it apart, as it combines the deep blacks of OLED with the higher brightness levels of QLED.
With its incredible performance and cutting-edge QD-OLED technology, the Samsung S95B stands as one of the best TVs you can purchase.
- Impressive overall brightness, ensuring a vibrant and vivid viewing experience.
- Excellent color brightness, enhancing the richness and accuracy of colors.
- Superior contrast levels, delivering deep blacks and impressive uniformity across the screen.
- Exceptional gaming performance, offering a smooth and immersive gaming experience.
- First-generation technology may have some limitations compared to more mature TV technologies.
- Size limitations, potentially restricting options for larger screen sizes.
3. Samsung QN90B
Price: $1600 at Best Buy
If you’re in search of a top-notch TV with breathtaking picture quality and prefer an alternative to OLED, the Samsung QN90B is the perfect choice.
This TV utilizes QLED technology enhanced by mini-LED, resulting in a brighter image compared to any OLED TV. While OLED’s remarkable contrast still holds an edge in our side-by-side tests, the QN90B QLED screen comes impressively close.
- Impressive brightness that effectively combats glare in well-lit rooms.
- Maintains accurate image quality even when viewed from an angle.
- User-friendly smart interface with a wide range of apps for convenient streaming.
- Occasionally, slow-panning shots may exhibit noticeable jerkiness.
4. 65-inch Sony Bravia XR A95K
Price: $2,798 at Amazon
The A95K is an exceptional choice for gaming. While it may not offer the integrated gaming hub controls found in Samsung and LG TVs, it does provide impressive features such as 4K/120Hz, VRR support, and an Auto Gaming Mode.
With Google TV as its operating system, the A95K ensures a seamless and user-friendly smart experience. Whether you’re streaming Netflix, Hulu, or Disney+, you’ll enjoy a hassle-free interface.
While it comes with a higher price tag, the Sony A95K truly embodies the saying “You get what you pay for.” It effortlessly handles anything you throw at it, delivering both style and jaw-dropping performance (except for the remote, which could be improved).
- Unparalleled color purity that takes visuals to the next level.
- High color brightness, ensuring vibrant and lifelike colors.
- Wide color gamut, expanding the range of hues for a more immersive viewing experience.
- Perfect black levels, enhancing contrast and adding depth to dark scenes.
- Impressive sound quality, delivering an immersive audio experience.
- The price tag is on the higher end, making it a more expensive investment.
5. 65-inch LG G2 Evo Gallery OLED
Price: $1,999 at LG
If you’re looking for a TV that can handle any type of content, from movies to sports to gaming, the LG G2 is the one to go for.
The G2 OLED, part of LG’s Gallery Series, is available in four different sizes (55-, 65-, 75-, and 83-inch). It’s called the “Gallery” because it’s designed to resemble a wall-mounted painting.
In fact, LG is so committed to the idea that there are no included feet or stands in the box (you can buy them separately).
Moreover, OLED technology is known for its ability to deliver perfect black levels, and the G2 doesn’t disappoint. The blacks are deep and rich, and the colors are vibrant and plentiful.
With the Evo panel, this TV can also achieve impressive brightness levels. It offers four HDMI 2.1 inputs, AMD FreeSync, NVIDIA G-Sync, and variable refresh rate (VRR) support for an optimal gaming experience. Additionally, it supports HDR10, Dolby Vision IQ, and HLG formats. The G2 is also equipped with the latest and best version of LG’s WebOS system, making streaming services like Netflix and Hulu look and feel amazing.
In summary, the LG G2 is a versatile TV that combines stunning visuals, advanced gaming features, and an improved smart TV platform for an unparalleled viewing experience.
The TCL 6-Series Roku TV is our top pick for the best TV, and it’s not hard to see why. It delivers exceptional picture quality, comes at an affordable price, and features the highly regarded Roku smart TV system.
With added gaming capabilities like 4K/120Hz input and variable refresh rate, it’s a great choice for gamers with consoles like the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Whenever someone asks me for TV recommendations ranging from 55 to 85 inches and considers their budget, I always suggest the TCL 6-Series.
While the 6-Series is a fantastic option for most people, there are other excellent choices available. It’s important to consider your personal preferences and budget before making a final decision.